Sunday, November 12, 2006

Much Needed Vacation



Last weekend Cheney and I traveled to Gatlinberg, Tennessee. We met my parents up there for a long weekend. Cheney and Dad went to the LSU vs. Tennessee game while Mom and I went shopping. It had been about 16 years since I'd been to the area and it has changed tremendously. Before we got there, we stopped at the Bass Pro Shop in Sevierville to do a little shopping and to get a Starbucks coffee :) While we were there, I glanced over and saw someone that I knew from college. I hadn't seen Phillip since 1993. It was very odd to see him all the way in TN. After we left Bass Pro, we went to Pigeon Forge and it took us close to an hour to travel about 15 miles. The traffic was horrific. We left on Sunday to come back to our routine. We took the long way through the Smokey Mountain National Park and then drove down the Blue Ridge Parkway. On our way back we had a motorcycle wreck in front of us, so we spent about an hour on the side of the road helping them out. The trip was great, but we are both exhausted. Now, we've begun the countdown to Thanksgiving break. Only 8 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home